You arrived in Germany (Baden- Württemberg) and don't know what to do? Here is a step-by-step guidance on how to register yourself in a new place and what documents you will need for your stay. If you have any further questions, get in touch with us or consult this page Create the Future | career start bw (career-start-bw.com).
- Register your place of residence in a local city hall. In case of dormitory, you can ask for the proof of your stay by the administration or they might submit it to the city hall automatically
- Apply for the residence permit. Please check BAMF - Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge - Informationen für Geflüchtete aus der Ukraine - FAQ zur Einreise aus der Ukraine und dem Aufenthalt in Deutschland for information on obtaining residence permit
- Open a bank account
- Get the health insurance (NB: you will need a bank account first!)
- Personal identification number and Social Security number - will be provided to you automatically. You will need them later, e.g., once you apply for an internship
- Passport-style photos, e.g. for the migration office to get your permit of residence
- Buy a semester ticket for the public transport
- Register at the DHL for easy transfer of parcels
- Buy the DB 25-Bahn card, if you expect travelling by the railroad.
General advice for the documents: keep ALL of them, even if it seems not important.